Hello everyone... I am in Chiang Mai. Its so hot and I am currently sitting in our hostel making use of the free internet :-) Tonight we are heading back down to Bangkok, and I am not looking forward to the train back as apparently the carriages with fans are unbearably hot at night!
We have been travelling for 3 weeks now - 2 weeks in Cambodia, and we are a week into Thailand. I have been having such a good time, and its been really nice to have some freedom outside of the school! I do really miss Batu Pahat though, and will be ready to go back next weekend. I am not used to spending money at the project, so these past few weeks have seemed pretty expensive and Im looking forward to going back to the free food and accommodation! Funnily enough Malaysia is much cheaper than Cambodia and Thailand - we didnt realise how little food costs where we are.
This morning I got up pretty late and we went to this smoothie stall in a market, which was soo amazing. I had a coffee, banana and cinnamon shake - and it was amazing!! It cost 30 Baht which is like 60p. I asked her how many she sells on average...she said on a good day she sells around 600 smoothies - shes doing very well! Malaysia absolutely sucks for fruit juice...they just dont do it. I am tempted to start a fruit shake stall at school during break so the students can have some healthy drinks to wash down all their deep-fried snacks... All I need is some fruit, ice and a blender!
I have learnt alot travelling...from living out of a bag, to avoiding the many scams which South East Asia has to offer. Our trip has felt a little rushed...we would have loved to spend more time up here in the north but there is so much more we want to see, so we are having to squeeze alot in! Im treating this trip as a sort of taster...I will definitely come back with more time and explore smaller places which take longer to get to. We went to this amazing place called Pai which is 4 hours north of Chiang Mai...sorrounded by mountains and greenery. We rented scooters for a day and zoomed around the empty roads, stopping off at waterfalls and good viewing points. We also did an elephant treck, which was soo good... we rode for an hour or so and then 'played' in the river with our elephant - being thrown off and splashed etc. Ill put some photos up soon.
So its now nearly 4pm... think its time for some noodle soup before we head to the station. Its so hot right now... My back is literally dripping...nice. I just bought some extremely dodgy-looking hair dye from a market for 80p, as the sun has turned my hair a very strange colour and I'd like to return to brown...Lets hope the colour on the box is the colour of the dye and not some Asian trick! Anyway I must go - hope all is well with you all.
P.s I am sorry this blog has become so casual... whenever I blog I never seem in the right state of mind to write poetic lines in grammatically correct English that should be coming from a girl who got an A* at English A-level.... Sorry chaps.
P.p.s Happy June!
We have been travelling for 3 weeks now - 2 weeks in Cambodia, and we are a week into Thailand. I have been having such a good time, and its been really nice to have some freedom outside of the school! I do really miss Batu Pahat though, and will be ready to go back next weekend. I am not used to spending money at the project, so these past few weeks have seemed pretty expensive and Im looking forward to going back to the free food and accommodation! Funnily enough Malaysia is much cheaper than Cambodia and Thailand - we didnt realise how little food costs where we are.
This morning I got up pretty late and we went to this smoothie stall in a market, which was soo amazing. I had a coffee, banana and cinnamon shake - and it was amazing!! It cost 30 Baht which is like 60p. I asked her how many she sells on average...she said on a good day she sells around 600 smoothies - shes doing very well! Malaysia absolutely sucks for fruit juice...they just dont do it. I am tempted to start a fruit shake stall at school during break so the students can have some healthy drinks to wash down all their deep-fried snacks... All I need is some fruit, ice and a blender!
I have learnt alot travelling...from living out of a bag, to avoiding the many scams which South East Asia has to offer. Our trip has felt a little rushed...we would have loved to spend more time up here in the north but there is so much more we want to see, so we are having to squeeze alot in! Im treating this trip as a sort of taster...I will definitely come back with more time and explore smaller places which take longer to get to. We went to this amazing place called Pai which is 4 hours north of Chiang Mai...sorrounded by mountains and greenery. We rented scooters for a day and zoomed around the empty roads, stopping off at waterfalls and good viewing points. We also did an elephant treck, which was soo good... we rode for an hour or so and then 'played' in the river with our elephant - being thrown off and splashed etc. Ill put some photos up soon.
So its now nearly 4pm... think its time for some noodle soup before we head to the station. Its so hot right now... My back is literally dripping...nice. I just bought some extremely dodgy-looking hair dye from a market for 80p, as the sun has turned my hair a very strange colour and I'd like to return to brown...Lets hope the colour on the box is the colour of the dye and not some Asian trick! Anyway I must go - hope all is well with you all.
P.s I am sorry this blog has become so casual... whenever I blog I never seem in the right state of mind to write poetic lines in grammatically correct English that should be coming from a girl who got an A* at English A-level.... Sorry chaps.
P.p.s Happy June!
No comments:
Post a Comment