Monday, 11 June 2012

Back to the Maktab

Well.. we are back safe and sound - and here I am back in Batu Pahat sitting in the languages office. There is a new English teacher in our department which unfortunately means I have been kicked off my desk and me and Fiona are back to sharing! School has been quiet so far as there have been lots of talks and assemblies going on for the start of a new term.

It is so nice to be back in Malaysia again...I feel really safe here and I just missed the Malay food heaps! The first day we got back we celebrated by going for a roti canai... yumyum. I only have 8 more weeks at the project now, which is such a scary thought! Somehow I am struggling to feel motivated this week...when I really want to have home-straight 'energy' to get the very most out of the last 2 months. Hopefully once I get back into the routine of school my enthusiasm will pick up! It was great to see some of the students yesterday, especially when they said they missed me. The form ones are just so nice!

School is out for the day, and I am about to go home (with a bag of watermelon I stole form the dining hall!) to attempt to fix my bike. I know I am going to get oil everywhere...I would really hate to be a mechanic. It really needs fixing though because without my bike I feel like I have no freedom. The land is pretty flat around Johor so its not too straining to cycle everywhere...unlike Devon!

One month today I will be 19... it feels like such a long time ago that I was celebrating my 18th - so much has changed! Everything is set for starting at Manchester next year.. I think these last couple of months really are going to fly by - better get out there and make the most of the freedom whilst I've got it!



No comments:

Post a Comment