Thursday, 10 May 2012

Busy busy week!

Hi everyone :-) Today is our last day in school before our holidays. We are going travelling in Cambodia in Thailand, to get a feel for a bit more of SE Asia. I always get a pre-trip 'argggh to much to get organised'... and there also happens to be alot going on in school this week. Fiona and I were put in charge of making the schools newletter. We came up with the articles quickly, with help from some students. I happen to be extremely fussy with visual layout, so I spent a good few hours editing the format! I am now happy to say though that the newsletter is finished (with a few hours to spare). Now we must print and distribute them before the school day ends!!

Tomorrow we have been asked to run a session at an English public speaking course in Batu Pahat, so we have also been busy preparing presentations/workshops for that. I have a mountain of washing waiting for me at home, along with various admin things that needs to be done before I can relax and leave for the airport... Our flight leaves at 6.45am on Sunday morning.

It will be lovely to have a break from school, sometimes my motivation does run out towards the end of term. I know however, that I will look forward to coming back - I really am enjoying myself now. I hope I will be able to swim/run at some points during our  travels, as I am really into exercising at the moment. I've heard running on sand is supposed to be amazing for developping leg tone!!

Anyway I must dash - I have a long list of things to do in front of me... Here's a few photos for you. I will try and keep in touch whilst I am away - if I can spare any money to fork out for internet cafes!

Fiona, Megawati (form 4 student) and I at her sisters wedding in a nearby Kampung.

With some students on an outing into Batu Pahat.


Eating oranges outside our chalet in Tioman!


A local man teaching me how to make roti at his stall...:) much to all the customers delight...

with the EMC in the school foyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment