This is the first time I have been online since leaving the UK.. and so much has happened! I couldnt possibly write it all on here, so I'll just mention a few things otherwise we'll be here all day.
We arrived in KL and were driven to Seremban, a large town about 50km south. There we checked in at a basic hotel, where we stayed 2 nights. There are two other Project Trust volunteers in Seremban, so we met up and went shopping which was nice. Our rep also took us to the sports club who allowed us to swim for free :)
After leaving Seremban on Sunday, we took a bus back to the capital. MARA (the organisation who runs our schools) met us at our hotel and gave a few talks. One teacher from each school came to meet us which was good, as they told us alot about each individual school. Our teacher is a lady named Fenas, who is the head of English. She is basically in charge of us at the moment.. last night she took us out to Pizza Hut in Batu Pahat, which is our nearest big town (about 15km away). She has a four year old daughter who was very sweet and enjoyed playing boo with us.
We arrived at our flat last night, and were very pleasantly surprised at how much they had given us. We have not only a kettle....but also a fridge!! There are some things to buy (no cutlery to be seen), but it feels homely already after I stuck up some photos. We have a spare room, which we have dedicated to bugs... (we're gonna lock all the lizards and cockroaches in it...so beware visitors!!)
This morning I woke to the sound of knocking and giggling...5 5th formers were at our door asking us if we wanted to go for breakfast with them. I had literally just woken up, so I groggily refused...it was 6.45 and we were due in school at 8. Every minute of sleep counts!
We have been shown around the school this morning, and have been introduced to many teachers and a few classes. I asked what they knew about england and one boy shouted 'Bruno Mars'! Also they all want my facebook so I need to make my profile private... We were asked by the girls to join them at their aerobics session this evening, so Im gonna go - hopefully Fiona will join me. Thats my Project Trust partner by the way :)
We are settling in just fine. Its hot but not too bad, I cant wait to do loads of sport with the kids, and burn off all this rice!
We arrived in KL and were driven to Seremban, a large town about 50km south. There we checked in at a basic hotel, where we stayed 2 nights. There are two other Project Trust volunteers in Seremban, so we met up and went shopping which was nice. Our rep also took us to the sports club who allowed us to swim for free :)
After leaving Seremban on Sunday, we took a bus back to the capital. MARA (the organisation who runs our schools) met us at our hotel and gave a few talks. One teacher from each school came to meet us which was good, as they told us alot about each individual school. Our teacher is a lady named Fenas, who is the head of English. She is basically in charge of us at the moment.. last night she took us out to Pizza Hut in Batu Pahat, which is our nearest big town (about 15km away). She has a four year old daughter who was very sweet and enjoyed playing boo with us.
We arrived at our flat last night, and were very pleasantly surprised at how much they had given us. We have not only a kettle....but also a fridge!! There are some things to buy (no cutlery to be seen), but it feels homely already after I stuck up some photos. We have a spare room, which we have dedicated to bugs... (we're gonna lock all the lizards and cockroaches in it...so beware visitors!!)
This morning I woke to the sound of knocking and giggling...5 5th formers were at our door asking us if we wanted to go for breakfast with them. I had literally just woken up, so I groggily refused...it was 6.45 and we were due in school at 8. Every minute of sleep counts!
We have been shown around the school this morning, and have been introduced to many teachers and a few classes. I asked what they knew about england and one boy shouted 'Bruno Mars'! Also they all want my facebook so I need to make my profile private... We were asked by the girls to join them at their aerobics session this evening, so Im gonna go - hopefully Fiona will join me. Thats my Project Trust partner by the way :)
We are settling in just fine. Its hot but not too bad, I cant wait to do loads of sport with the kids, and burn off all this rice!
No comments:
Post a Comment