I am leaving for KL in 5 mins and have just enough time to blog before I leave. My bag is packed (literally stuffed) and it will be an immense achievement if I make it to our hotel without a broken back!!
I have been staying with my adopted Malay family for the past few nights to say goodbye. I currently have their little girl climbing all over me...so its quite hard to type! She has just returned my camera after running off with it and taking photos of the shower...garden and lots of other random things around the house! I am really close to Syara now - really dont want to say goodbye.. She is 4 years old and is my new Malay teacher! Yesterday we did some painting together and I explained how I was leaving to her... she said "Cak tak datang lagi?" which means "You're not coming again sister?". Playing with Syara was really good at the start because I really missed physical contact with people - but as she is 4 there are no rules about me picking her up or anything. After a bad day, playing with Syara always cheered me up!
I had my last buka puasa with all the family last night. Mak Cik cooked my favourite spicy aubergine...it was so good! Then I went out to the stall I always go to and ate my last rojak - tofu, soya and vegetable in a peanut sauce. All the hari-raya decorations are up around the villages - lanterns line most small roads, and people were setting off fire crackers. Its a real shame to not be here for hari-raya but I will just have to come back for it another year.
I am seriously going to miss the kampung life here - it's so peaceful and laid-back. Yesterday I rode around the village on the scooter as the sun was going down and all the kampung people were inside preparing to buka puasa. I also went for my last run to say goodbye to my circuit - not looking forward to the Devon hills which are going to be tough after running for 8 months on flat!
So our flight is at 2am on Thursday... now its time to leave Parit Haji Abrahim and head for bustling KL - the start of my journey home to South Brent. I will come back one day, and hopefully Mak Cik and Pak Cik will still be alive. The next time I blog will be from my house - how crazy is that!!
I have been staying with my adopted Malay family for the past few nights to say goodbye. I currently have their little girl climbing all over me...so its quite hard to type! She has just returned my camera after running off with it and taking photos of the shower...garden and lots of other random things around the house! I am really close to Syara now - really dont want to say goodbye.. She is 4 years old and is my new Malay teacher! Yesterday we did some painting together and I explained how I was leaving to her... she said "Cak tak datang lagi?" which means "You're not coming again sister?". Playing with Syara was really good at the start because I really missed physical contact with people - but as she is 4 there are no rules about me picking her up or anything. After a bad day, playing with Syara always cheered me up!
I had my last buka puasa with all the family last night. Mak Cik cooked my favourite spicy aubergine...it was so good! Then I went out to the stall I always go to and ate my last rojak - tofu, soya and vegetable in a peanut sauce. All the hari-raya decorations are up around the villages - lanterns line most small roads, and people were setting off fire crackers. Its a real shame to not be here for hari-raya but I will just have to come back for it another year.
I am seriously going to miss the kampung life here - it's so peaceful and laid-back. Yesterday I rode around the village on the scooter as the sun was going down and all the kampung people were inside preparing to buka puasa. I also went for my last run to say goodbye to my circuit - not looking forward to the Devon hills which are going to be tough after running for 8 months on flat!
So our flight is at 2am on Thursday... now its time to leave Parit Haji Abrahim and head for bustling KL - the start of my journey home to South Brent. I will come back one day, and hopefully Mak Cik and Pak Cik will still be alive. The next time I blog will be from my house - how crazy is that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment