Thursday, 9 August 2012

Last day at MRSM

Me and Fiona had our last day at MRSM last Friday (the 3rd). The students organised us a leaving ceremony at break time, with some performances and lots of card and present presentations. There were of course SO many photos taken - pretty much every student in the whole school wanted a personal one with each of us. The students all made us beautiful cards with all their names inside, unfortunately some are too big to bring home so I have had to take pictures of them instead. We were given many school souvenirs too, including a very handy thermous mug which will be very useful for staying awake in lectures next year! It was a busy last day, sorting our desk and clearing out the computers of all our files, as well as saying our goodbyes and walking around the school one last time. I felt sad to leave the school, but saying goodbye to some of the students was harder. I have a feeling I am going to get alot of facebook friend requests this week! When students said goodbye to us, they would always say three things...firstly 'I will miss you', secondly 'please forgive me for all my mistakes and anything I have done wrong to you' and thirdly 'please pray for me'.

Packing up all of my stuff and clearing the house was an even bigger challenge! It seems I have either bought or been given enough stuff to double what I came with. It was quite satisfying throwing lots out, although its a shame I can't bring home more. The next time I come to Malaysia I will bring an empty bag so I can bring back loads of food! It will be an amazing achievement if I make it back to Devon with my bag because it is insanely heavy - hope the underground isn't too crowded. I guess its good weight training...

So now I am free of my teaching responsibilities... I have spent the last week in Taman Negara (Malaysia's national park) trecking in the jungle and having awful sleeps on roll mats which smell of pee! It was great fun though and I'm glad I saw another side of Malaysia. I am now back in Batu Pahat for the weekend to say a proper goodbye to my favourite places and people. On Tuesday next week we have a meeting with MARA (our employers) to discuss how the project was and how it can be improved etc. Then on Thursday its our flight....so looking forward to seeing everyone but seriously not looking forward to the weather or prices!!!

You can expect a suitably deep and reflective entry next week before I fly home - but don't get your hopes up because the standard of my English has reached an all time low. I have been living with speakers of 'the broken English' and I cant remember the last time I read a novel. You will all have to correct my speech when I am home because I have started saying things like 'Better eat now' and 'I'm know'......oh deeaar!


No comments:

Post a Comment