Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Bye bye Mum and Naomi :(

Life at home is super quiet after Mum and Naomi left to go back to England yesterday. All my washing is clean and the house very tidy also (thanks Mum). I was also treated to some luxuries from home that I have been missing, such as: a box of Mum's flapjacks, Marmite, Branflakes, and lots of clothes. I really enjoyed having them to stay, showing them the school and introducing them to all my students and friends. The students were all amazed at how tall Naomi is, and lots of them decided they fancied her!

We had a lovely weekend in Melaka which is 2 hours north of Batu Pahat. It's great for shopping, sightseeing and also relaxing - so we had a bit of everything. We stayed in a lovely hotel which had a pool and gym. Melaka is on the backpacker trail so you always see alot of white people, which is nice but also strange - you would never see any (other than us!) around the school area.

Last night Fiona and I played badminton against some of the female staff...a sort of inter-department competition. It was so much fun, and great to play a more competitive sport (cycling and running can get boring sometimes). I could see that inside they were actually really competitive, although they tried to hide it!! I hadnt yet seen any Malay women exercising so it was great to play with them - they even suggested playing weekly friendly matches.

Tonight we are going bowling with some teachers, and Fiona's parents will arrive tomorrow. Sorry this is going to be a short post - the bells just gone and I have class!

No comments:

Post a Comment