Yesterday was my 19th birthday! I had a really good day. After arriving at school a little late (treated myself to an extra half an hour in bed) I joined the teachers for a Malay style rice breakfast. They then surprised me with a big cake and present - so sweet of them. I opened a very nice handful of cards that had been arriving over the last few days, I was very touched that people still remembered my birthday and I havent been forgotten! Fiona's parents (who are here visiting) then took us to the pool nearby, (a 50m outdoor) which in the sunlight was so beautiful. Swimming was great as I could burn off all the cake I had eaten that morning...(which was alot...) In the evening I went out for a meal - so all in all it was a very good one!
I remember my 18th birthday and have been thinking just how great a year I have had since then! Starting off with a long summer holiday, then doing work experience in London, and then travelling to Malaysia. It probably will have been one of the most free years of my life...no exams..no debt!
It is pouring with rain here today - the parits are full of water now. Thankfully Fiona had an umbrella so we could make it into school vaguely dry!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes :-)
I remember my 18th birthday and have been thinking just how great a year I have had since then! Starting off with a long summer holiday, then doing work experience in London, and then travelling to Malaysia. It probably will have been one of the most free years of my life...no exams..no debt!
It is pouring with rain here today - the parits are full of water now. Thankfully Fiona had an umbrella so we could make it into school vaguely dry!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment